Purchasing Manager- Healthcare
Our client, a hospital in the Houston area, has an open opportunity for a contract Purchasing Manager.
As the Purchasing Manager, you will oversee managing, operating, and supervising the Purchasing Department and its functions: hiring, developing and evaluating department personnel in the procurement of goods and services for the hospital’s different entities.
The chosen candidate will possess knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software, high level contract negotiations, departmental budgeting, MMIS systems analysis techniques (including PeopleSoft, Premier and GHX), spend analysis, strategic sourcing/purchasing techniques, warehousing and inventory, purchasing and distribution of healthcare materials/services. Have the ability to operate a personal computer, as well as, tactical planning skills, attention to detail, time management skills, organizational ability, and competent resolution.
- Oversees the operations and maintenance of Supply Chain’s Item file.
- Oversees and manages the maintenance of the Supply Chain ERP system (PeopleSoft’s eProcurement / Purchasing modules, Vendor module and Item module) GHX Electronic Data Exchange, and Vendor internet punch-out ordering systems.
- Develops, trains, assists the hospital’s end-users and buyers in the understanding and usage of PeopleSoft’s eProcurement/ Purchasing modules and Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) contracts.
- Will manage day-to-day Buyer activity including warehouse ordering team, recall and shortage management.
- Bachelor’s Degree- Business or related field (MBA/MHA/MSCM preferred)
- CMRP, CPM or CPSM certification preferred
- 7 years- supervisory experience- Required
- Healthcare Supply Chain environment /Project management experience- Required