This is a 3+ month contract with a hospital in the Medical Center
• Conducts COVID-19 health screening and assessments
• Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients or confirmed positive workforce members
• Collect and record information on all contacts of positive COVID – 19 cases
• Documents demographics, symptoms, travel, occupation, and testing
• Provide contacts with approved information about Harris County quarantine procedures, and what to do if symptoms
• If appropriate, refer contacts for testing as appropriate and in accordance with established protocols
• Develop an individualized TeleHealth plan for patients and workforce members seeking care for health promotion or
health-related situational problems.
• Utilizes evidenced-based nursing triage protocols in the plan of care and care disposition.
• Include the patient, family, appropriate caregivers, and other health care professionals in making shared decisions about
prioritizing plans and strategies.
• Consider patient or population needs in terms of age, gender, race, cultural values and practices, ethical and legal
considerations, economic impact, and environmental factors, as well as the anticipated risks and benefits of interventions
for individualized plan development.
• Identifies potential barriers to patient/family to carry out plan of care/disposition such as lack of resources,
• Document the plan using standardized, understandable, readable language and recognizable terminology while using the
plan to provide direction for other clinical members of the ambulatory nursing health care team.
• Ability to answer and manage calls, emails and/or interactive voice response system
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis
• Knowledge of basic nursing assessment skills.
• Intermediate skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams)
• Critical thinking and sound judgement
Bachelor’s Degree- Nursing- Required
RN – Lic-Registered Nurses Texas State Board of Nursing- Required
BLS – Cert-Basic Life Support American Heart Association- Required