Robotics Software Engineer
This is a Direct Hire position for a well known Energy company.
At the company’s Research facility, Cambridge MA, the robotics department is developing cutting-edge technology for the automation of oil and gas applications. Our mission is to enable robots for operating robustly in unstructured environments such that we deliver disruptive differentiation to the company and its customers in functions spanning manufacturing, maintenance and field operations. We are looking for motivated roboticists with strong software skills to join a talented multidisciplinary team working on solving stimulating problems.
The successful candidate will closely collaborate with research and engineering teams to design, develop, simulate and test research prototypes in real-world oilfield environments. Taking advantage of the vibrant Boston robotic cluster, he/she will participate in strategic engagements with academic research institutions and industry partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
• PhD or MS with 3-5 years of industry experience in Computer Science or applicable robotics engineering discipline
• Proficient with C, C++, Python programming and development
• Strong software design skills, including debugging, performance analysis, and test design
• Experience with Robotics programming environments and systems
• Experience with industrial and collaborative robots is a plus
• Deep theoretical foundation in artificial intelligence applicable to robotic systems
• High-quality research and technical publications
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational and communication skills
• Willingness to operate outside his/her area of expertise to solve challenging problems
• Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US
This company is the world’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to customers working in the oil and gas industry worldwide. Employing more than 105,000 people representing over 140 nationalities and working in approximately 85 countries, the company provides the industry’s widest range of products and services from exploration through production. The company has always invested significant time and money on R&E as a long-term strategy to support and grow its technology leadership. The company invests more each year in R&E than all other oilfield services companies combined.