Senior Employee Relations Consultant- Healthcare
This is a contract opportunity to work with our client, a hospital in the Houston area.
We are in search for a Senior Employee Relations Consultant. The chosen candidate must be able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel within the organization, work autonomously, and maintain flexibility and adaptability. Posses the ability to competently utilize computer word processors, spreadsheet programs, and HRIS software. As well as, maintain a broad knowledge of legal requirements related to Affirmative Action, Equal Employment, unemployment claims, etc., in order to ensure the Hospital is in compliance with these activities.
- Responds to questions ranging from simple to very complex within 24 hours of initial inquiry regarding employment issues and application of policies.
- Interprets policies and practices for company employees and leadership, ensuring consistent application align within regulatory parameters.
- Conducts one-on-one meetings with employees or leadership, obtaining pertinent information, determining applicability of hospital policies and procedures to the issue at hand, recommending an action plan, and providing follow-up as necessary.
- Facilitates the Employee Problem Solving (EPS) process by functioning as mediator, proposing potential solutions to issues and coordinating any necessary hearings.
- Initiates investigations of harassment, discrimination, misconduct or other allegations within 24 hours of notification, conducting necessary interviews/meetings, recommending necessary course of action, and providing sufficient follow-up.
- Bachelor’s Degree- Business Administration or related discipline- Required
- 5 years’ experience in Human Resources with two (2) years’ experience in Employee Relations- Required