System Software Engineer
The Acquisition System Software Engineer implements operational workflows exposed via the acquisition software to integrated data and controls according to key defining system qualities such as reliability, performance and downstream systems interoperability.
- Ensure the design and implementation satisfy key acquisition system responsivities (reliability, performance, others as relevant).
- Ensure integration and abstraction of hardware front-end and instrumentation during design and implementation phases.
- BS/MS/PhD in Science or Engineering with software experience or education
- 3 to 7 years’ experience in a similar position/s
- C/C++/C#, COM
- Unit testing frameworks
- Visual Studio and VSTS
- WITSML, OPS, MODBUS, CAN, TCP/IP, Energetics/ETP Standards
- Knowledge of SCADA (Software Control And Data Acquisition) systems
- Reliability, MTBF, MTTR
- Understand the system view in the context of the acquisition system (physics – sensor/actuator-acquisition/control instrumentation – acquisition software (acquire/control, compute, workflows, downstream interoperability<->deliverables/data streaming/downstream)
- Notions of real-time data and control systems (include as relevant: time synchronization, control loops & regulation)
- Understand the notion of real-time for the different level/partition of the acquisition system (hard real-time, soft real-time) and implement adequately against the real-time specifications
- Awareness of appropriate industry standards and regulations (electrical, explosive, HSE…)
- Self-driven, Proactive, Systems Thinking