Systems Analyst II
We have a long-term contract opportunity for a Systems Analyst II, for a client of ours in the Houston area.
As the Systems Analyst II, you will oversee the translation of users’ needs into detail requirement specifications, support the system installation through the implementation cycle, perform configuration analysis for system design associated with medium sized projects of average complexity, analyze system problems and modifications, and coordinate implementation and upgrades of complex systems.
Skills we are looking for:
- Knowledge of current business practices and technology systems, interfaces, and standard healthcare software.
- Familiarity with a variety of hardware and software environments.
- A working knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- May be expected to write documentation to describe installation and operation procedures.
- Familiar with relational databases and web deployed applications.
- Basic knowledge of the technology that you will be directly involved with.
- Knowledge of project management and planning, process mapping, group presentation, written and verbal communication, analytical, and organizational skills, ability to analyze the functionality of systems and their fit with specifications.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic problems and recommend appropriate action.
- Uses and applies application analyst skills.
- At least 2 years of EPIC build experience, ideally revenue cycle operational experience.
- Translates users’ needs into detail requirement specifications.
- Identifies system or application needs.
- Analysis of current business practices, user needs and workflow processes.
- Document the current as is & to be business processes.
- Perform vendor analysis and make recommendations.
- Investigate alternative solutions including feasibility studies using results from vendor analysis/evaluations
- Supports the system installation through the implementation cycle
- Establish project governance and facilitates Steering and Work team meetings.
- Update/track project implementation plan.
- Develop, schedule and facilitate test plans for software, network, integration, user acceptance and parallel usage.
- Prepare and implement procedures for downtime, end-users, production, and help desk
- Develop training programs and materials/documentation for all user types.
- Obtain user acceptance/sign off based on functional and performance requirements.
- Prepares accurate and timely status reports for management.
- Prior to first productive use, identify the impacts and dependencies of the new system.
- Demonstrate efficiencies of the new system and provide feedback to teams.
- At completion of project, ensures smooth transition of system responsibilities to support staff.
- Performs configuration analysis for system design associated medium sized projects of average complexity.
- Facilitates design analysis with users to determine configuration for the user interface.
- Specifies the design decisions in an accurate and testable manner for developers and database analysts.
- Identifies and documents the data sources, recipients, and interfaces that need to be developed to support data collection and maintenance (including data conversion requirements and how start-up data will be collected for implementation).
- Assists with the design of user procedures.
- Analyzes system problems and modifications.
- Analyzes business use of existing systems to identify problem to be resolved and defines system applications or process improvements.
- Recommends modifications to application design or current procedures to maximize advantages of existing resources.
- Coordinates implementation and upgrades of complex systems.
- Coordinates the upgrade schedules with vendors and/or users across the Integrated Delivery System.
- Assists with upgrade testing.
- Analyzes impact on users and determines if additional training is required.
- Communicates with vendors to address problems and resolutions.
- Schedules sessions with users to view new systems and upgrades.
- Incumbent is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Required- High School Diploma; Pref- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Required- 7 years’ experience in computer science, business administration, healthcare administration, or nursing; Pref- hospital information systems experience-no years specified
- Up to two (2) years of clinical patient care and/or clinical research experience may substitute for up to two (2) years of information systems experience on a month to month basis.
- Certified in – Professional Resolute, Hospital Resolute, Claims.