IT Systems Engineer
This is a contract to hire position with a global company located in West Houston. The Systems Engineer ensures that critical business systems continue to run efficiently by providing routine and emergency maintenance and database administration.
– Maintains the distributed services/systems support process and ensures that all requests are addressed according to agreed procedures
– Applies vendor released patches to operating systems and databases
– Ensures that appropriate procedures are defined and executed for Event Management
– Develops training material and ensures that the Event management staff are adequately trained- Maintains databases and manages backup, access, data recovery and IT security functions – Monitors and updates IT security elements
– Consults with the IT Services teams and Supply Chain departments regarding user concerns- Programs scripts to automate simple tasks within established standards
– Helps supervise, mentor and schedule the daily duties of assigned contractors
– Performs security audits of company or customer networks
– Establishes general security network requirements
– Partners with Onsite Support and Service Managers to ensure networks and security systems are up-to-date
Bachelor in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Minimum 7-8 years experience in field.