This is a Direct Hire position with a global company in the Energy Corridor. The Tax Accountant is primarily responsible for the accounting process related to statutory regulations in the country of operations. Understand US GAAP, and IFRS Excel (formulas; SUMIF, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP,IF,ADDRESS, FORMULATETEXT, CHOOSE, COLUMN, PIVOT TABLES)
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
* Reviews balance sheet account, reconciles and prepares associated balance sheet notes.
* Analyzes Profit & Loss variance and reviews detailed revenue and cost transactions.
* Responsible for subsystem control of statutory and fiscal values including fixed asset fiscal values.
* Controls and prepares legal entity general ledger entries including prepayments, accruals, allocations and so on.
* Reconciles and controls differences between fiscal and management accounting practices.* Reviews customs, VAT and excise tax compliance.
* Prepares statutory and fiscal accounts.
* Coordinates with Tax the preparation of Income Tax returns.
* Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
* Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
* Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
Education Requirements: Finance or Accounting Degree Required. Spanish Speakers preferred 2 years of required experience