Vendor Master Coordinator
This is a contract opportunity for a Vendor Master Coordinator, for our client; a hospital in the Houston area.
As the Vendor Coordinator, you will oversee the timely and accurate data entry, interfaces, and operational reviews into Accounts Payable subsystems for Vendor Master additions, changes, or deletions.
Communication with suppliers and Contracts, Legal and Supply Chain to ensure standard payment terms, freight terms, and billing requirements are accurate. Once supplier data is obtained, determination of internal classifications for supplier type, payment priority level, and level of tax reporting must be made.
Supplier data includes but is not limited to: legal supplier name, alternate supplier name(s), tax identification number, tax registration number, tax reporting address, organization type, principle NAICS code, business information- minority/women/foreign/veteran owned, parent company information, purchasing addresses, remittance addresses, purchasing contact information, accounts receivable contact information, billing/payment currency including banking information (ACH banking information, and Wire forms), negotiated payment/FOB/freight terms, item(s) being supplied, supplier utilization of union labor, supplier insurance requirements, FDS registration information.
- Ensure timely data entry, interfaces, and operational reviews into Accounts Payable subsystems for Patient Refunds.
- Serve on relief team for business continuity plans as assigned.
- Work with AP leadership, Supply Chain, vendor, and/or stakeholder teams on consistent application of vendor management processes to ensure a controlled environment is maintained.
- Perform various verifications to ensure vendor appropriateness (EPLS, OFAC, Vendor Mate Registration, IRS TIN Matching).
- Identify legitimate exceptions to TIN requirements (i.e. refunds patient, class participant, and donor).
- Escalate international W-8 or treaty exemptions to Senior or higher for review and determination of tax reporting applications.
- Partner with Team Leader of AP Other Services for timely vendor approvals, first-line problem resolution, ensuring adequate coverage is in place during scheduled/unscheduled absences, and complete visibility into status of open tasks.
• Coordinate with A/P Leadership to maintain policies and procedures related to supplier data.
• Keep up-to-date records of government reporting requirements.
• Ensure that vendor data is complete, accurate and complies with policies and procedures.
• Process supplier setup and update requests by obtaining required information and inputting into Oracle.
• Analyze, summarize, and/or report data for internal/external use as required.
• Provide credit information to suppliers as requested.
• Maintain company and employee confidence by keeping information confidential.
• Review and correct invoice image upload errors
- Demonstrates theoretical and practical knowledge of the policies, procedures, audit standards, and regulations surrounding accounts payable vendor master administration and exhibits enthusiasm while teaching stakeholders, leadership, and administrative support in a clear communication style observed by the superior.
- Knowledge of vendor reporting requirements, a general understanding of the 1099 MISC operation of Accounts Payable, Share Point application use, and image capture systems (i.e. imaging, vendor master controls, 1099-MISC tax reporting, mitigation of fraud risk, etc.).
- Personal computer literacy skills such as word processing and spreadsheets and the ability to data capture accurately are also required. Incumbent must have the ability to keep sensitive and confidential information private.
- Proficient in English with good communication and administration skills.
- H.S. Diploma or GED- required
- 5 years- accounts payable, payroll, finance, and/or vendor reporting experience- Required